Saturday, October 22, 2005

There is perhaps a thin line between passion and insanity. He came into my life, that moment when I thought sadness was infinite. He was not exactly the guy who can command your attention just by gracing the room with his presence. But he certainly got my eye. He was quiet, as if subtly taking in every little detail his eyes saw. And he definitely had piercing eyes, too piercing; in fact, I thought he could have seen even the little most crevices of my sanity, and the passing of unspeakable passion.And he effortlessly filled that void, bereft of all hope, like a virus finding its way into the deepest recesses of my being. I once thought he was my salvation, the cornerstone of my destiny. He has made me embrace the inner beauty that life has to offer. For once, I thought I could actually give up everything that I have, and everything that I am. He gave credence to the banality of believing. He made every sunrise seem like a Da Vinci masterpiece. It’s crazy how he turned bitterness into a sweet memory. But I find it even crazier for him to fade so quietly into the realm of the unforgiving past. He was the present that never ventured into the future, the dawn that never made it to sunrise.It did not matter if he gave me smiles, or a motley crue of memorable adventures. I have no need for memories. I only have the present to rage against the onslaught of trepidation, and the future, only to be haunted by the unyielding past. I have had enough of the shadows, but I was powerless to stop the mist that slowly sipped into my veins. I had no choice but to give in to the tantrums of nothingness. I am but a victim of the whims of the universe.I saw him gradually fade into the realms of the unseen, but there was nothing I could do but to watch my world crumble down before me. Helplessness is a person’s greatest curse. After all, who was I to question the intentions of the unknown?I was told the crap of divine designs, of a more wonderful being destined for me, but I did not want to hear the same arguments on meeting someone better than this one. What good is a better person of divine designs, when my very soul screams for this man? I did not want anyone better. This is better.He showed me that sadness was not just infinite; it is actually the very soul of my existence. Come to think of it, there is after all a thin line between passion and insanity.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home