Saturday, October 22, 2005

Thank You
Thanks for the effort, even if I knew all along that you would not do it yourself. I really appreciate it. You like cheering me up sometimes, telling me there’s nothing to worry about the relationship, when it clearly shows that we’re both unhappy. I guess, as everyone would say, you can never teach an old dog new tricks. I always knew I could never change your personality, because that was how you were brought up and nobody has the right and even the capability to make you change your ways. I respect that. And if I cared about you enough, I should have long ago decided to accept you the way you are. I tried my best, but with our differences, I think we’re just not good enough for each other. I am so sorry for all the things I’ve done. I regret having done and said things that hurt you. I promise not to do all those again, because after four long years, I finally decided to let you go. I feel sorry about myself, because I failed in this relationship. But I know that in the end, I would appreciate myself for making this decision. because I managed to end the pain and heartache that only I was feeling. I ended the sacrifice of being taken for granted. I’ve thought about this a hundred times, and now I’m sure I’m not taking it back. I want you to be happy that’s why I finally decided to set you free. Go to wherever and whatever’s going to make you happy. You need to grow with other people. I’ve been so selfish and mean to you, and you never deserved it. I respect you as a person and as a friend. I’m grateful that I eventually learned what love really is. Even if it took me so long to decide, at least I learned when to hold on and when to let go. Thank you so much for everything. I learned a lot from you. You taught me so many things that made me grow stronger and more mature. This time, as a mature person would do, I’m not going to say goodbye. Even if we decide to part ways, I would still be there for you when you need me. I wouldn’t intend to burn bridges because saying goodbye to a friend is pointless. Now I want you to take the commitment off your mind. Play basketball and spend time with your friends as you normally would when I still wasn’t in your life. Spend enough time at work and go home when everyone else starts leaving. Don’t feel the pressure and tension of having a commitment with somebody. With your job, I also don’t think you could handle both at the same time. This is your time to do well in your career so make the most out of it. Live life as if every day was your last. All I want is for you to feel happiness inside your heart. Just the same as how I would want myself to feel. I want to find the right love I’ve been waiting for. I am hoping for the same thing for you, too. I also would like to concentrate on my new job. I decided to live my life without you this time. I also need to grow with other people and do things apart from you. I know I’ve been so dependent on you the past 4 years, and I want to prove to myself that I can still do things on my own and also make decisions for myself. You know for a fact that I’ve got so many ambitions in life. I don’t get contented; I always want trying out new things. It’s because I am still young and I want to experience everything before I build a family of my own. I always thought it could have been better if I got to spend those times with the one I love. Instead, I was just left with his family and friends, and not with the one I really wanted to be with. You never knew how much it could have meant to me if I shared those moments with you. And you also never knew how much disappointment I felt when you knew you could be there but you opted not to. Since we have different priorities and points of view on life, our interests and goals never jived. I want you to explore and find the right person for you because I’m sure she’s just around, waiting for you. And same goes for me. Hope you understand what I’m trying to say and I wish you’d keep an open mind. I love you so much honey. And I would do anything to make you happy. But I should love myself more this time because the relationship has already caused me a lot of heartache and tears. Again my gratitude for having you in my life is endless. Thank you so much for everything honey. You made me so happy. I’m sorry that I may not be as well-off as you are, my family may not even be as highly regarded as yours, my gifts may not be as expensive as yours, but I believe the best gift I’ve given you was my honesty. I never failed to say the truth, even if most of them were not what you wanted to hear. I only lied when I said curses that you always knew I didn’t mean. I never lied to you about how I felt and I was never unfaithful. That’s one thing I’ll carry on with me until my next relationship/s. You may not have been as honest with me as I was with you, but I want you to change that when the right person comes. I want you to communicate your heart with her, and always assure her of how much you love her. Face your problems, never escape from them by allowing her to think of what she thinks, explain to her what’s wrong and learn to compromise. And above all, put God in the center of your relationship, and your love for each other will never falter. Please don’t worry about me. You should neither feel guilty nor pity me as you leave, because I’m sure we eventually would both be happier with this decision. We just can’t really go on like this forever. Let’s help each other find our happiness. It’s going to be the best gift we can give to each other. Set aside selfishness, because it would never do good to our relationship. Let’s be friends again and live life the way we should. I don’t want us to part having a third party involved. I don’t want to wait until that time comes because I also wouldn’t know how to handle it. It’s better this way that we both agree to make this happen, so we can start a new life freely from here. Let’s do whatever we want and find what’s best for us. Hope you’d give this a thought. I’ll give you enough time to think about it. I’m quite sure you’ve been thinking about this all this time. This is the best time to speak your heart. Thank God I finally realized and fully accepted this. These words I’ll try to keep in mind. Hope we’d get to carry this out in our next relationship/s: I Corinthians 13.4-8a "Love is patient and kind; love is not jealous or boastful; it is not arrogant or rude. Love does not insist on its own way; it is not irritable or resentful; it does not rejoice at wrong, but rejoices in the right. Love bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, and endures all things. Love never ends." Don’t forget that I love you so much and I want you to take good care of yourself always. May God bless you in everything you do.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home