Saturday, October 22, 2005

Dreaming
Often the truth hurts. But when it's wrong, it's wrong. No matter how right or how good it feels. I look at him and wonder why I'm with him. I sit beside him, shivering, my knees weak and my eyes teary. I say to myself, why me? I could have asked him that if he wasn't holding my hands so tightly, if I weren't enjoying this very moment, if I weren't afraid it might end too soon. I think again and realize that the more appropriate question is, why him? He looks at me and gives me a peck on the cheek. Soon I'll be lost in his embrace, he'll be drowning me with kisses, with promises. And I will be longing for more. He loves me, and I love him. Simple. It feels so right, and yet so wrong. I lay my head on his shoulder, with my eyes shut. I try to breathe in as much of him as I could. His mild scent, his warm breath. Hoping it would be enough to fill me in the days to come. Wishing it would help me remember everything about him and whatever it is that we are having. Silently praying for this bliss to end. Gently. I wait for his reply on the other end. I hear a loud sigh... and I say my final goodbye. I wipe away my tears and look towards heaven. You were right. There is no such thing as a right kind of wrong.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home